Friday, January 29, 2010

to call or not to call....

Q: So, I've finally "taken the plunge" and gotten a date with this girl, now I don't know how often I should call her.

A: This is one of those situations where you are gonna have to figure out what "your girl" likes. Some girls like to be called everyday, some even 2 or 3 times a day, some get annoyed by it. I guess the best way to feel out the situation is to start off small, remember sometimes less is more! You've had the first date, a day or two later you give the "I had a good time, I'd like to do it again" phone call. If it is short & sweet, that's fine, & if the conversation lasts for hours, good for you. Then the day or two before the next said date, do an "I'm just calling to make sure we're still on for Saturday night" call. Both of these calls had a purpose, and weren't calls for incessant ramblings.

IF you really feel like this girl likes you in return, you can send an email/text on the days you don't call to let her know you're thinking about her. Both of these forms of communication allow her the freedom to respond at her convenience.

Personally, I get annoyed if someone calls me all the time. If you start calling me in the morning too.....STRIKE! Don't get me wrong, every once in a while, a "I hope you have a great day" phone call on the way to work is fine, but normally my morning is so rushed, you're hindering my progress while I'm trying to get ready for work.

happy dating! `A

No comments:

Post a Comment