Monday, January 25, 2010

the gift of singleness

I realize, there are times in life when being single just plain sucks. There are days where you feel like you wake up alone, you come home to an empty house, you eat dinner alone, you get invitations to weddings for you "and guest", but you have no "guest" to take. If we dwell in these times, we will live a life of complete loneliness. We must take time to think of the many benefits singleness carries.

If you want to eat pizza at 9:00 am, you can cook one.
If you want to make a large purchase, you do not have to ask anyone's permission.
If you want to sleep until 10:00, you don't have to worry about being awakened by an early riser.
If you want to buy 3 pairs of shoes & 2 purses in one day, no one is going to balk about it.
If you want to watch a sappy romantic movie, you can, you can even have a marathon if you desire! [or for the guys, some bloody, fighting movie]
If you decide you want to stay in your pajamas all day, you don't have to worry about someone telling you how bad you stink because you have not showered.
If you want to take a last minute trip to the beach w/your friends, you can do it!
You can keep the toilet seat in whatever position you want!
If you want a dog, or a cat, or a turtle, you can have one.
The remote is yours, all yours!
Never once will you have to hear "when's dinner gonna be ready?"

Please add things that you enjoy about your singleness!

Our lives do not begin when we are married, our lives are happening right now, every single day. Embrace the gift of singleness, enjoy the opportunities you currently have, love your life.

happy dating! `A

2 comments:

  1. Good one A! Thanks for the reminder that being single isn't all that bad! :)

    Here are some others:

    -I can sleep in the middle of the bed.
    -I can decorate my house/room in hot pink if I want.
    -I can take long hot showers and not worry about using all the hot water.
    -I don't have to sit through boring, long sporting events on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, A! Hmm, what else can I add...

    -I can have the thermostat set to whatever temp I want.
    -If I just want to have cereal for dinner, I don't have to worry about making sure anyone else gets a nutritious meal.
    -If I have to work late, it's OK.
    -I can clean the house as much or as little as I want.

    ReplyDelete