Friday, January 22, 2010

callin' it quits

This is from another female with concerns about how men end relationships some times. I've had guys end things with no mention that it was over, but only after a few dates, never a month or more. I do realize that it would be a completely awkward conversation, "hey I know I've only gone out with you a few times, but I wanna break-up? quit dating? don't wanna see you again? "

Q: Why is it that some guys don't call (or even text-not that I'm a fan of this method) a girl after having gone out many, many times and he has given the girl the impression that he really likes her??? I have a friend who had been seeing a guy for over a month and they seemed to really like each other. He even met her family and gave her a Christmas present (an expensive gift at that). Well just last week, he stopped calling without giving her any clue why. And it's not that he was dropping hints. It was like he called one night and then not the next (or the next or the next and....). Does he not have the decency to tell her he's not interested or that he likes someone else?! What's the deal?

Just a word for the wise....Guys, if you want to hurt a girl, then don't call her after making her really think you like her! Man up and do the right thing!!

A: while it would be a truly gentleman thing to do to acknowledge he no longer wanted to date you after one or two dates, I personally understand it would be weird to have the "I don't think we should date" conversation with someone you barely know. NOW, on the other hand, a month is definitely long enough to have "the conversation". I feel this was a very cowardly thing to do to your friend, and he should have at least sent SOME form of "ending the relationship" communication (phone call, text, email). Again, I think it takes a true gentleman, and a non-coward to do this, but I think any female would appreciate the truth. Well, I think any human in general would rather know the truth, than keep wondering what's up with the relationship. I mean, this does go both ways, some times the guys end the relationship, sometimes the girls do.


(*WARNING* temporary soap box ahead)

In the big scheme of things, generally, the men are the stronger gender, and the females are the weaker ones. Therefore, it is generally thought that men are the protectors, and the women need to be protected. Men, when given this enormous task, please remember you are not meant to only physically protect us, but you are to emotionally protect us as well. This also means guarding our hearts! We are fragile, and we easily crumble if you hurt us. If you do not want to date us, that's fine, we do not want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with us, BUT.....end the relationship IMMEDIATELY when you realize we are not compatible! Did you hear me? IMMEDIATELY!!!! I now have concrete barriers, barbed wire, padlocks, and duct tape around my heart because of previous relationships in which my heart was not protected to the fullest extent.

(now stepping down....)

So, the question for everyone to now ponder is how many dates can you go on before you need to have a conversation about not dating anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment