Saturday, January 30, 2010

someone can't take a hint.....

Q: I liked my date enough to invite him in post-date, now he doesn't seem to know when to leave. How do I politely say "I'm ready for you to leave, so I can go to bed."?

A: I can definitely say I've been there before! First of all, there is just something so awkward about the first few dates, when you invite him in post-date. You sit on the couch, but you don't know if you should sit RIGHT next to each other, or on opposite ends of the couch, do you sit semi-close, or do you sit in totally different chairs?....oh decisions, such awkward decisions! Then, it's time to decide on a television show. You have no clue what their likes/dislikes are, so you don't want to suggest something "stupid", but you don't want to suggest something "boring" either.

Anywho......on to the actual question. You can begin with subtle hints like "Wheww, I've sure got a long day ahead of me, not looking forward to that" which should be interpreted "Man, it's getting late, I need to get up early, time for you to leave."

If that doesn't work, then you can move on to things like "So, what time do you have to get up tomorrow? I have to get up @ 5:30, and I sure am Miss Cranky Pants if I don't get my 8 hours sleep" Which should be interpreted as "Hey buddy, it's getting really late, and I want you to leave."

If these hints don't work, you can go put on your PJs and say "well I know you need to get on home, so I'm gonna go on to bed". This is NOT to be interpreted as "hey, come to bed with me" You ARE to interpret this as "You are really getting on my nerves for not taking the first 30 minutes of hints I've been throwing, buddy, it's time for you to leave.....PRONTO!!"

happy dating! `A

No comments:

Post a Comment