Monday, January 18, 2010

a question for the lads....

So guys, this is your chance to share your dating advice. We have 2 questions from a lady in the audience. Unfortunately, since I am a lady, I can only give my opinion; which will not be very helpful to the female population!

Q: Why do MOST guys nowadays not just ask a girl out? They want to get to know her, talk to her friends, & take forever before actually just asking the girl out?! What's the deal!? Just ask a girl out already! Man up! (this is `A here, I just wanted to add that I LOVE the man up!)

A: This will be the guys opportunity to tell us "the rest of the story" BUT, my OPINION on this subject is this: a) they are terrified of rejection: they want to REALLY make sure the girl is gonna say yes before they ask her out b) they are terrified of commitment: they want to really make sure this is someone they like before "committing" to a relationship.

Q: How does a girl know when a guy likes her?

A: Fellas, this one is ALLLLL you!!! answer away, PLEASE let us know!!

happy dating! `A

4 comments:

  1. Here is an anonymous response I received via email:

    The reason most guys are hesitant about asking a girl out is fear of rejection. Ladies let's be honest.....you have all the power. As guys we put ourselves out there by asking you out and you have the power to shatter our confidence or make us feel like Superman depending on your answer. No one likes to be rejected, us included. So often times the more information we can obtain the more confident we become.

    As long as we are getting real here let's answer the second question. Ladies if a guy is showing you any attention at all he is interested in you. Now I know what you are thinking....I have plenty of guy friends who pay me attention. Let me repeat if a guy is showing you attention he is interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By attention, what does that mean? Casually talking, being friendly? That's a little too general my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another anonymous response via email:

    Showing attention doesn't mean I'm interested in her. It means I'm interested in someone. Maybe her friend, or maybe someone I think she could be helpful in reaching, but it doesn't always mean I'm interested in her

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another anonymous email response:

    A response to the first question, "Why will men not "man up"?

    Well, for me I got out of a long term relationship a long time ago, and didn't really care if I was single the rest of my life or not. I wasn't bitter at all, I just didn't want to go after a relationship that I didn't feel was worth it. I knew someday there'd be a woman who'd make my head turn and make me grin like an idiot and when that day came, I'd do something about it. But I was probably categorized by all the sweet little ladies at church who tried to set me up with their granddaughters as someone who wouldn't "man up".

    However, I think for most guys our age it is commitment. I mean lets face it ladies and gentlemen, we're not getting younger, and while I know that means most women are looking for serious relationships, it means a lot of guys are scared to death that is where the next one is heading. Do you really want that guy?

    For some guys it's rejection, but I don't think it's just rejection from the woman involved. I'm assuming that most of us are all church goers and I'm assuming that the question was intended to be for guys at church who don't ask girls from church out. Well, it's no big deal if you ask a girl out from a class in school, cause if she says no, you're not going to see her next semester probably. But if you ask a woman out inside a church group and she says no, guys wonder what that is going to look like inside the whole group. For instance, is it going to be weird for the whole group when you go out to eat lunch? Is that going to mean the next girl you ask out in the group is going to think she was a back up plan?

    A good saying I like is, "If you're not willing to look foolish, you're foolish."

    As to the question, "How do you know when a guy likes you?"

    Who knows, boys are stupid right?

    ReplyDelete