Tuesday, February 9, 2010

will they still be jerks the 2nd time around?

Q: in the past two months, i've received emails from guys i went out with two and three years ago. apparently, they were just thinking about me and they were wondering how i'm doing. they ask if i would be interested in going to a show? do i need help with anything? did i have a good weekend? these are questions that were asked, but all i wanted to reply with was REALLY?! i love how they're all: i wasn't really that into you back then, but now maybe i love you, so what do you say you just forget that i was a jerk and probably still am one and get in my car and go eat food with me. really?! what's a girl to do?

A: jerks! ok, so yes, I realize people can change, people can realize what a jerk they were in the past and they could want to reconcile, BUT......you only get one chance in my book! Unless they made an effort in these email/texts to assure you they are not the same person they were 2 years ago, do not go eat food with them! there are plenty more fish in the sea! I mean, it is obviously totally up to you whether you want to give them a second chance, but I'll be willing to bet you that you'll find out nothing much has changed in the last few years!

happy dating! `A

No comments:

Post a Comment