Sunday, April 11, 2010

a little cheap date help.....

Ok guys, I'm going to try to help you out a little bit with a new date idea. You may be so creative you've already done this, in which case, I'm sorry, I have nothing for ya! You may need to do a little research, depending on which part of the country in which you live [I don't think I've made it international yet, or else I'd say which part of the world you live]. Yesterday, some friends and I spent a glorious afternoon in a paddle boat at a local state park. While we were paddling around I thought, this sure would be a great date place.

Here are the reasons:
1) It costs $3/person to get in - so far you're only out $6!
2) There are a lot of places you can roam for free once you are in the park. You can go on a hiking trail, go to the beach area, go fishing, or my favorite, the playground!
3) You could also rent a paddle boat or a canoe [as a girl I'd recommend the paddle boat, reasons to follow]. $7/hr - now you're only out $13!
4) If you prefer, you could bring a picnic lunch/dinner, or you could just make it a long afternoon affair.

Why do I say paddle boat over the canoe? a) less likely to topple over b) you get to sit next to each other and gaze into one another's eyes....I mean talk c) perhaps you accidentally both reach for the steering wheel at the same time and "accidentally" hold hands....perhaps. d) she's less likely to get wet.

What do you get out of this? Well, in case you haven't noticed, it's a pretty cheap way to have an amazing date. You also get to see if your girl likes to get dirty. You'll get to see a more "natural" side of her. I wouldn't recommend this for a FIRST date [because we girls really like to get all dolled up for the first date or two, and outdoorsy dates cause us wardrobe predicaments!]. Hope you have a similar park close by because this is highly recommended!

Here is a link for the Alabama State Parks! http://www.alapark.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment