Wednesday, March 17, 2010

poop or get off the pot......

Q: My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 years. I'm ready to get married, but he doesn't seem to be in a hurry. How can I "hurry it up"?

A: Well, first of all, the more you nag, the more he will be pushed away. Second of all, does he even want to get married? If not, then you're barking up the wrong tree. What is holding him back? Does he have financial concerns, commitment issues, or a certain goal that he is waiting on (i.e. when I graduate, then we'll get married).

It also depends on your age. The younger you are, the longer I think you need to date before you make a huge commitment like marriage. If you are older, then you know what you want in a spouse, and once you find it, you shouldn't have to keep dating & dating & dating.

I have two wonderfully wise thoughts on the subject:
For you: He's never gonna buy the cow if you're giving him the milk for free.
For him: either poop or get off the pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment